Monday, October 17, 2011

So...what do we have here...

So...what do we have here...  
First a niiiiiice pic of bb!Jack.

jack coleman

And this very recent unffffffffy one....




I've been reading recaps, reviews and  previews and I thought I'd share a few here, because, ugh, I am giddy/worried/excited OMG:


EW:

Candice Accola gives one of her finest performances in tonight’s episode, as she’s tortured by her big bad vampire-hating daddy (Jack Coleman). Some of her scenes literally had me twitching! But don’t worry, her pain is going to lead to some major payoff. “I think the beauty of Caroline is she’s a ‘pull myself up by my bootstraps’ kind of girl,” Plec said. ”The irony of that is she learned that, she thought, from her dad. All her strength and all her confidence came from her relationship with her father. Now we’ve seen her realize that, when the chips fell when they did, her mom was there. The surprising person who she thought never got her was there to get her now. Caroline gets a few good moments next episode where we get to see just exactly how she’s going to channel the experience into action.”

Haha, I don't know why but this makes me worried. So her mom will join the action? She is a sheriff and she has a gun.... D:


TV Line:

VERY BAD DAD | This in no way relates to the 1920s sequences, but the same episode finds Caroline imprisoned by her vamp-hunting dad. Huge props to Candice Accola, who more than delivers in several painful-to-watch torture scenes at the hands of Jack Coleman’s Bill (who is majorly channeling Heroes‘ HRG circa Season 1!). Minor Spoiler Alert: During a bout of sun exposure, Accola’s performance mirrors Michael Trevino’s stellar work during Tyler’s first transition into a werewolf.

HRGGGG. If he is channeling HRG...where are the huggages? D:


TV Guide:

5. Caroline gets tortured: If you thought Klaus was heartless when it came to his family, that's nothing in comparison to Caroline's dad (Jack Coleman), who takes to torturing her in an attempt to break her of her blood lust. "It's a story about a parent thinking they know best for their child," Plec says, and in this case, father does not know best.

But, but.......maybe he really manages to fix her?


Comics Bulletin

There's something beyond ironic about Jack Coleman, once TV's first gay son on Dynasty, now becoming the supernatural patriarch of choice on genre shows. Bringing in a real actor for the role means we're probably going to find out more about Mystic Falls early supernatural legacy, but I don't see this dad betraying his little blonde angel any more than Noah could ever do to Claire.

I LOVE this one for multiple reasons. He's a "real" actor, alright. This is the only review I've seen that mentions what I've been saying for the last two weeks LOL. He's awesome and there is great potential to all this and why would you waste awesomeness and great potential? But it happened on TV before, so... :P



And perhaps the most awesome finding of my day so far:

After Elton:

For a little while, all we knew about Noah (Jack Coleman) was his horn-rimmed glasses, which were a reliable signal to viewers that something sinister was happening (as well as a "Hello there" to viewers with a weakness for bespectacled buys). However, we soon learned Noah was doing the best he could to protect his daughter from a secret organization, brain-eating supervillains and a horrific alternate timeline. As a man without the superpowers the rest of the Heroes cast had, he did a pretty good job.

Coleman just started a new fatherly role, though he's switching from sci-fi to horror as Caroline's dad on The Vampire Diaries. Since the first season mentioned that Caroline's dad was gay, we're keeping our fingers crossed we'll see a lot of him.


I think this is pretty cool. Also, I love that they want more of the gay TVD dad. You and me both omg. My fingers are crossed like WHOA.

I think I need Bill icons...how come I haven't made even a single one?

No comments:

Post a Comment